February 26, 2013

Sunday on Tuesday???

I apologize for being 2 days late with my Sunday update, but caught up on Walking Dead Sunday and had a Birthday Party on Monday so this is the first chance I have really had to be back in front of the computer.  I will not say it won't happen again because I am sure it will.  But the good news is I have a few things to update you on.

First of course is terrain.  The biker shop is getting a garage door shortly, the glue is drying right now but it shouldn't be too long.  The door is the vertical bi-fold I promised you, and actually ended up a little nicer than I first thought it would.  The door itself is going to be smooth so everything works decently, but then will be covered with Orkiness.

I have also assembled a structure to house the big boom kannon.  This one is not quite square at 5 by 5 3/4 inches and the roof of this one is non removable.  It however is going to get a large garage door as well making it easy to use the interior of.  Had I been thinking I could have tried using magnets to hold the ceiling on, but I was in a hurry to get something accomplished at the time.  This is due to the weight and off balance of the gun itself, every time I moved it the ceiling fell off.

The crane has a post to attach to and will swing and slide but will not actually lift unfortunately.  It is set up in the far corner, and I am hoping that I can actually make several more kannons and use a single crane to provide them all with ammo, maybe even returning to this project later and making it into a complete artillery complex.

In other news, I now have the lumber I need to assemble my aquarium stand.  It is going to be huge, massive, and maybe Orky since I think it is being doomed to the garage, but that also means I get to look at my fish more, so it's not all bad.  I wonder if I could build a clay Idol of Gork in one of them.  I think making several Ork scuba divers with harpoons is now in order.  Great now I have to get a box of Fantasy Orcs.

The aquariums I will be adding to this stand will be a 55 gallon that measures roughly 48 by 12 by 21 with all the plumbing pushing it out and up 3 inches.  Second will be the new 75 measuring 48 by 18 by 21 again with 3 inches to the top and back for additions.  Finally on one of the bottom shelves will be a little 10 gallon which I don't want to run measure at the moment.

That will leave room for a shelf or two on the bottom for food, cleaning supplies and any extra equipment I can add.  Maybe even room to store my fish books.  Due to a camera malfunction there are no new pictures today, I hope to have it fixed... pronounced charged for the Thursday report.  Thats it for today folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment